You don’t need metal or wires to straighten your teeth. Thanks to the revolutionary new orthodontic treatment method that is Invisalign, you can achieve a beautiful smile without any knowing you’re having treatment.
How does this incredibly successful and very discreet treatment method work to create the smile you’ve always dreamed of?
Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic removable aligners to gradually straighten your teeth. By combining 21st Century orthodontic technology with precision and accuracy, our specialist orthodontists can customize an Invisalign treatment plan for you.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign’s aligners work by moving your teeth into a straighter, more attractive position. This happens gradually over the course of your treatment and without anyone knowing. Because the aligners are virtually invisible, no-one will be able to tell you’re having treatment.
Every week or as directed you will change to a new set of aligners which builds on the work of the previous set. At your orthodontic appointments, you will be given sufficient aligners to last 8 to 10 weeks.
Every person has a unique set of teeth and a unique problem to solve. This means the time treatment takes depends on the severity of your orthodontic problem. Invisalign is a highly successful treatment method which can correct a range of issues. If you need minor correction, you could see results in as little as three months. Major orthodontic work with Invisalign takes approximately 12 to 18 months.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Discreet treatment: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible so you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. They’re also removable, so you won’t have to change your lifestyle while having treatment. You can still eat and drink all the foods you enjoy.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners have no metal brackets or archwires to cause irritation to your mouth. This means they are extremely comfortable to wear. What’s more, no metal or wires means you won’t need as many appointments with your orthodontist as there are less adjustments needed.
- Easy to clean: Traditional metal braces can make it difficult to floss and brush properly, which can cause decalcification. This can lead to unsightly marks on your teeth and possibly even decay. Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you can brush and floss normally, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Less risk: To move teeth, force needs to be applied. One of the problems that can arise from this is root resorption. This condition refers to the breakdown of the root of a tooth and could lead to the loss of the tooth. Because the forces exerted by Invisalign aligners are more gradual than those applied by traditional braces, early indications are that Invisalign treatment exhibits a much lower rate of root resorption.
- Safer on teeth: When traditional metal braces are removed from teeth, this can sometimes cause some of the tooth's enamel to be removed as well. Because Invisalign doesn't use adhesive to bond brackets to teeth, enamel scouring is not an issue.